Friday, September 26, 2014

SEASONAL CHANGES IN THE FAMILY ROOM


Happy Friday! 
Before the weekend starts I would like to share with you the changes I have made recently to our family room.
I am sure taking my time this year decorating for Fall, but here is another room already finished.




I did start with changing the drapes.
I found a set of linen 96' window panels at Ross on sale and for $14.00, I couldn't even make them myself any cheaper.
They were a little see-through, so I just lined them.



And now when you enter the kitchen and family room area it all blends better.




 And then I was ready to add the Fall decor.




I did start with making some new pillow covers for the sofa and hearth using drop cloth 
and the placemats I purchased at Walmart.







Last weekend I was able to finish the second cabinet door tray and with it 
I created a simple vignette on the coffee table.




Even the little round table got a few Fall touches.
I just changed the blue flowers on the basket for some Fall leaves and added two small pumpkins.




The mantle took me a little while longer, but it is finally done. :)






I am now finishing the front porch, but meanwhile I am just enjoy the pretty Fall colors.
This is the view from my kitchen. It just makes kitchen chores a little "happier". :)


I wish you all a wonderful weekend.
Happy Fall!




Sharing at:



18 comments:

  1. Ma.Elena, your family room is certainly all decked out for Fall and you've done a FABULOUS job, specially the mantel...it is gorgeous!!! I love all the oranges against a mostly white beautiful room!
    Have a blessed weekend.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything looks so pretty. I especially love your fireplace and mantel. Stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely! I need to take inspiration from you. Seems that I'm moving slowly toward that fall decorating, though I do have the dining room table ready.:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your family room looks so pretty, Maria Elena! I love how the curtains complement the one in the kitchen area. You have so many beautiful fall pillows & I really love your cabinet door try. Such a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So, so pretty! I love those placemat pillows!!! They look like designer pillows!!! Love all of your pretty Fall touches. And the new panels look superb. What a buy!!
    xo Kris

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh...so much to exclaim over and love! To line the curtains...that's a feat! beautiful...pat yourself on the back!

    I love the mantel and I have to say I'm inspired by the runner on your coffee table...I think I will try that!

    Your are the pro! Lovely!

    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've looked at Ross's curtains.. great prices! I need 6 panels though..hard to get. Yours look great and they do blend well with the dining room. LOVE the fall touches! Especially the pillows. I'm headed to Walmart today. Maybe I'll pick up some placemats. Enjoy your Saturday!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a delight to see your pretty home dressed in its fall décor. Everything is lovely and so inviting and warm. Have a wonderful weekend. xo Mildred

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your family room is gorgeous! I love the pops of color in your mantel! Your pillows look great! What a clever idea to use placemats and drop cloths! You also found a deal on drapes! They look lovely! Love your Fall decor!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE the changes! You are so creative ... whether it's pairing 2 fabrics for your curtains (what a score) ... making awesome Fall pillows out of placemats or creating the perfect tray out of a cabinet door! Your Fall mantel is gorgeous ... I see you all spending lots of time in there!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It looks so beautiful. I love those pillows that you made:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have a beautiful home, Maria Elena....Christine

    ReplyDelete
  13. You have one of the prettiest, welcoming homes I know! I love the little touches of fall you've added throughout your home. I agree...pretty holiday decor always makes those kitchen chores a little happier! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous! Love your mantle. Your trays are beautiful! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your home is so beautiful. I love the idea of not having the curtain rods go all the way across the windows.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Everything is so beautiful Maria Elena! What a wonderful feeling you must have when you walk into your rooms.
    Thank you for sharing your beautiful home with us at Project Inspire{d}!

    ReplyDelete
  17. It's all very beautiful! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...