Tuesday, June 3, 2014

DIY WELCOME PORCH POST


A few weeks ago, one of the bloggers I follow, April from Wilker Do's, shared a project that I just loved, 
a porch post she made for her mom for Mother's day.

I saved the post for future reference and a few weeks later, looking online, I came across the same idea on Pinterest.
All I did was show my husband the picture and two hours later, we had a welcome post on our front porch. :)




He built it with scrap wood we had in the workshop, .
I think he just wanted to have the chance to use the new "toy" our kids gave him as a gift. LOL




When the post was finished and painted, I went to Hobby Lobby and bought a Fleur de Lis metal hook.
It was $3.99 regular price, but it was on sale %50 off, so I paid $2.00 for it.




I made the sign also using some scrap wood that I painted, added to it some vinyl letters I made with the silhouette
 and a little small key I had bought at Michaels a long time ago in the dollar section.





Such a simple project, but I love the way it looks on the porch.
I think I will be able to use it all year long for all the different seasons and holidays.


Thank you all for stopping by!
Hugs!





Sharing with:



14 comments:

  1. So adorable and looks really great by your door!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great "welcome" sign looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks wonderful! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maria, this is a wonderful way to welcome your guests. I really like that it can be seasonal by adding a difference hanging sign.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is adorable, Maria!! I've been wanting to make something similar for my back yard to hold a hose!!! So awesome!!~~Angela

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it!! My hubby would be so jealous of all your husband's neat tools in his workshop! The post looks great and you'll definitely be able to change it up for the holidays. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You sure have been busy! Love the welcome sign. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE this sign! And the post - I think I need a post (will send the link to your blog to my hubby!). Will you come and link up at our party, Merry Monday Linky Party tonight (6pm PST). I'd love to have you! Julia

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow, now that's a handy hubby if I ever heard of one. That's pretty quick. Your sign is so nice, love sophisticated look of it, not smaltzy at all. Now if I could just get my hubs to do things when I want them, only when he feels like doing it. That's an awesome tool your hubs has, pretty great tool. You're so right about using post for holidays. You'll be a decorating lady all right.
    Found you on Silver Pennies Sunday link party. Love those link parties, find so many incredible blogs. I don't have blog myself, too busy reading blog posts and making things I see on them. Great post, sharing this was awesome. So great to be able to make his own post on his tool. Happy week

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a lovely way to greet visitors. The details of the post is wonderful too. Thank you for sharing your sweet blog at the Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so cute! Pinned! Thanks for being a part of our party. Please join us tonight at 7 pm. We love having you! http://loulougirls.blogspot.com
    Happy Monday! Lou Lou Girls

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a lovely project! You did such a great job! I love the key detail on the sign.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...