Tuesday, August 27, 2013

PREPARING FOR THE NEXT SEASON


Good morning!

In the last couple of weeks I have been trying to get my Fall decor out of storage and start planning and preparing for the change of seasons. Last year I waited until the last minute and things got a little overwhelming. :)

It is funny how you forget what decor you have, so I have been busy getting my things together 
and see what I could come up with this year.

I don't have much Fall decor, but I am on a mission to use as much as I can from what I already have at home.

So far, I have cleaned and refreshed my front door wreath.




Made some fabric flowers and did a little stenciling on burlap.





I also made some pillows using left over fabric I already had.



Spruced up some old candles



I am working now on making a couple of new crafts.



And the sunflowers and pumpkins are out of the bins and ready to be displayed in pretty vignettes around the house.





Are you getting ready for Fall or am I the only crazy one? LOL
I would love to hear how you are preparing and when do you start decorating your home for Fall.

Tuesdays at Our Home link party is still live. I would love if you stop by for a visit.

See you soon!



8 comments:

  1. I can't wait to put ours out in the next couple of weeks. I love the fall and the warm inviting colors. Love your candle decoration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the flowers and the stenciling. I am ready for fall and am decorating now! Stop by and see what I've been in to :) livinglaughingandloving-sarah.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maria, your handwork is amazing. I thought for sure that you had bought those gorgeous flowers as they are beautifully detailed. Your details are perfect. I've been shopping again and have one or two finds that will be great for fall. Thanks for hosting!

    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is the first year I've been able to plan ahead and I'm looking so forward to it!! Thanks for letting me know it's ok to get my fall things out and start planning! Your handiwork is gorgeous! Mind if I borrow a couple of your ideas??

    ReplyDelete
  5. I admit it freely....I've already been buying and getting ready for fall...This is what happened when summer is hot, lacking in rain and too oppressive to go outside. LOL

    Everything looks great, can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't started any Fall decorating! Labor Day is sneaking up on me! I love everything you have done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love decorating for fall! It's always a nice surprise when I pull out my decor because I always forget what all I have. :) Love your burlap wrapped candles, and that fabric is gorgeous! I usually try to wait until mid September to pull out all the fall decor. I start with mixing fall and Halloween decor, then after Halloween, I put up all the jack-o-lanterns. If it has a "face" it goes back in storage, but if it's just a plain pumpkin, it stays out until after Thanksgiving. :) Can't wait to see your porch decorated for fall!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm doing the same kinds of things. The outside temps say "No, no, no to Fall," but the transformation has begun inside. Fall is my all-time favorite season (maybe because we don't actually get one here), and I truly love all the rich colors, fragrances, food and family that go along with it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...