Monday, March 25, 2013

THIS, THAT AND A REMINDER


Good Morning!

I hope everyone had a great weekend!
Ours went by too fast! :)

Saturday, I did the grocery shopping early in the morning and after that, my daughter and I went shopping for new jeans. 
Not my favorite thing to do, the jeans part, I mean, LOL, but we had a great time together.

In the evening, we all went to see a movie. We watched "Olympus has fallen". Great movie!
It sure gives you something to think about!

Sunday, we stayed home, cooked a nice meal and worked on finishing the cabinets and measuring and cutting counters for my craft room. We are almost there!



  And this week, I will be doing a lot of this. :)



But that's ok. It will help me keep my mind off things.

You see, this is a very hard week for our family.
Our son's ship is deploying this week for a world tour. This is his first "real" deployment. 
Me, personally, I am an emotional mess.

As parents, it is extremely difficult when your baby tells you on the phone that he will see us again in 10, 12, 14..... months. 
We don't know when our son will be home again. Please, take a minute to pray for safe sails for our brave sailors and strength for their love ones to endure this very long separation.


My Link party will be live tonight at 8:00PM.
I hope you all can join me this week.
Can't wait to see all your gorgeous projects!
See you then!



   


7 comments:

  1. O'Maria Elena, I can so relate to how you are feeling. I too am an emotional mess! We just returned from seeing our son who will be deploying back to Afghanistan again in the next few weeks. I will keep your son, you and your family in my thoughts and prayers. See ya tonight my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will keep your whole family in my thoughts and prayers, Maria. Keeping yourself busy in your beautiful craft room will help, I'm sure. Remember, I'm just on the other side of town! Give me a shout and we'll go shopping or something to take your mind off things! ~~Angela

    ReplyDelete
  3. My heart goes out to you! Please thank your son from my family and me for his service to our country.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your son and family will be in my prayers. I can't imagine how awful you feel. I am so thankful for those who fight for our freedom. Many blessings always.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Big Hugs to you Maria Elena!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Prayers and hugs and many thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hola María oraré por tu hijo y por ti . Ya que uno como padre es el que más echa de menos a los hijos
    Muchos cariños para ti

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...