Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Red, White and Blue on the Back Porch


Hi everyone! 
Can't believe it is already June! Where did May go?
 So much going on around here! Things have been really busy lately. 

I haven't had any time to post on my blog or even visit all my favorite blogs like I usually do, but, today, I made time to visit everybody and see what you guys have been up to and I have finally been able to take a little time to update 
my back porch for summer time.

I normally decorate our front porch for the summer with these colors,
but this year, I am doing things a little different.

The best part is that I used everything I already had at home from
 previous years, so I did not have to spend any extra money on this project.

Today, I want to share a little red, white and blue on our back porch.



On the eating area, I added some pillows that I made a while back, red table mats, 
a few flowers for our centerpiece, candles for a little candlelight at night and a star and stripes ribbon.
 I bought everything at the Dollar Tree last year.










I also added a little decor on the bench and on both of our small side tables.


 This birdhouse was my first stencil project ever, many years ago.
It is still hanging in there! LOL





 And this is the other table and chairs opposite form the bench.







 Very simple, but at least it gave the porch a little color.
Weather permitting, we will be enjoying our outdoor space as much as
 possible this summer. 

I am still working on our upstairs porch, organizing my new craft room, planting more flowers on our garden and 
preparing for an upcoming trip overseas.
I am very, very tired! LOL
Hope you guys are having a great week!














13 comments:

  1. Your back porch is so charming. You really have a knack for decorating, and I love the way you use color. I could really just pick up your whole porch and import it to my house! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to keep in mind this decor for my "US Citizenship" party this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love your porch. It is so patriotic and just wonderful. You might be tired but you should be proud of what all your had work accomplished, too.

    I still have a front porch to clean and a side deck off our dining room. When you are done there why don't you pop over here and spruce things up for me? I bring you coffee and goodies! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your back porch looks beautiful! I really love red, white & blue...together they make the perfect pop of colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks wonderful, and so patriotic. I think you cushion with all the wording on it is great. It will be lovely spending some relaxing time out there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderfully, patriotic porch! I love all of your pillows! It makes everything look so inviting to come and sit out! All of the colors are so vibrant and the decorative accents and flowers are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hooray for the red, white, and blue! It looks ready for a parade viewing. That pillow with the white background and words...I absolutely love it. It speaks the words we all feel about the 4th of July. Thanks, Helen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your back porch looks beautiful Maria Elena! I love the red, white and blue theme and you have displayed so beautifully. Now take a break and enjoy it before you leave for your trip overseas!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm standing at attention & saluting "you" for an outstanding job! It looks so lovely & tastefully patriotic. Good luck on your trip.
    CAS

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your porch red, white & blue touches! Your pillows inspire me to make a few for my deck chairs.
    Thanks so much for stopping by my blog & leaving a comment!

    Smiles,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your back porch looks really pretty! Love all the red, white & blue! Just perfect for summer. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. a lovely porch and tribute to the red white and blue. Thank you for sharing at the Thursday Favorite Things Bloghop xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. a beautiful setting, perfect for the 4th. Love how your porch looks. peaceful and serene...great pillow, I might add.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...