Sunday, January 15, 2012

FLOATING SHELVES RELOCATED



After taking apart our upstairs game room/family room, my storage closet has filled up quite a bit with all kinds of decor items that need to be relocated around the house. 

I have been trying to find a hew home for all of them, but with all the other projects going on around here, it has proved to be a little challenging. 
I finally found a little time to put up this set of floating shelves. The are very old, but I have always loved them, so they are here to stay.

All the small nick-knacks are items that belonged to my Grandmother.
I remember seeing them in her home since I was a little girl.
I placed them on the shelves with a couple of pictures of my children when they were very little.
Here is what they look like, nothing spectacular, but full of memories that make me smile every time I walk by them.






Some close ups














I think the color of the shelves goes pretty well with the decor in that hallway.











Reflected in the mirror on the opposite wall


Thank you all for stopping by!

7 comments:

  1. Your shelves look nice in the hallway. What a nice reminder of your grandmother.
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning! Love your floating shelves. They look perfectly decorated too. My pantry door is not stenciled it is vinyl..however stenciling would work too! Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Debbie, thank you for the information about the pantry door!
    It looks just like stencil! Very, very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great place for the shelves. Beautiful displays too!..Christine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hola Maria Elena, Gracias por visitar mi blog. Ya te sigo!!!! Tienes una casa preciosa, las estanterías de la pared me han gustado mucho, me has dado una buena idea.... Hasta pronto,un abrazo desde España.

    Manoli

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Manoli, gracias por visitarme y por seguirme! No sabes cuanto echo de menos mi España querida!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...