Wednesday, January 11, 2012

A BLANK CANVAS


Hi, everyone! 
We have been up to our ears in home projects and remodeling for the last month.
We have moved rooms around, built walls, enclosed our game room upstairs with french doors, painted, added crown molding and new baseboards and the list goes on and on...

My husband had three weeks off during the holidays, so we took the opportunity to get a lot of things done. I have to tell you, I think he was glad to go back to work! LOL
There has been a lot of changes around this house in the last few weeks and I will share those with you all soon, not quite ready yet, but, all those wonderful changes have brought me very close to achieving my final goal. Now, I have the space to make my dream come true.
My own craft room!!! 
Oh, yes! I am very, very excited!
No more standing in the garage using my husband's workbench!
I think he will be glad also to get me out of his space! LOL

I have researched and looked at hundreds of pictures for ideas and inspiration and I have finally decided on a design, but at the same time, I am taking different ideas from several other pictures.
This is my inspiration picture.
I found it at Google images.
The top shelf all around the room was the first thing I saw!
And the red pops of color here and there are just so pretty!
I love it all! 
 
Here is a picture of my very empty room, but not for long!
The dark blue wall has to go!
It used to be my son's room, which we have recently relocated to a bigger room.
Everybody wins!
 


Painted back to original color and ready to start!
I am already looking for the right pieces for this room.
The white floor cabinets and countertops and the gift wrap center on the wall.
A ribbon holder


   Shelving for craft paints



My own workbench


What do you all think? Can I do this? 
I am sure going to give it my best try! LOL
I don't know how long is going to take me to put it all together, but I am going to take my time to find all the right pieces.
I will keep you all posted as the project goes along and I will also love to hear any suggestions you may have.
I hope you are all having a great week!



7 comments:

  1. Oh, what a wonderful space you are going to have! These inspiration photos are incredible! Each space is so bright and cheery, yet, totally functional. You will have a great time creating in a space like these! I'm excited to see the finished result! I know it will be amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great inspirational photos! I am sure your finished room will be wonderful. I can't wait to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great inspiration pics! Can't wait to see the result! Hope you are having a great week!...hugs...Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are going to have a wonderful craft room! It will be fun to see it finished
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can tell your first inspiration shot is from pottery barn. I have loved that arrangment so long. Oh to have a craft room. It' the moment my stff is in a box. Very sad
    Carolyn xx
    Following you and would love it if you'd do the same.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Marie,
    Congratulations. cannot wait to see it completed. :)
    Tami

    ReplyDelete
  7. Maria, I'm excited to see what you decided on. Great inspiration photos...how to select one...must be difficult. Can't wait to see it all.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...