Saturday, December 3, 2011

OUR HOLIDAY MANTLE

I think, decorating the mantle for Christmas, is one of my favorite things to do.
I really, really enjoy it.
This year, I spent so much time making the new garland for outside and the stairwell, pillows and other Christmas projects, that I did not have much time left to change anything on our mantle, so it is pretty much decorated it like it was last year.
This is what it looks like






We found the gold trees, red glass candle holders, flowers and reindeer at Kirklands last year.
The garland we bought at Lowe's.



I love the way the reds and gold colors look against the light rock on the fireplace.



I put little bells and ribbon around the reindeer's to dress them up for Christmas and give them a little more color.





I made some extra pillows for the hearth to match the ones I made for the bench on our front porch




And I added a small flower arrangement to the other side.



This is what it looks like together




Another view of the mantle. I always try to decorate around the clock. I just love the way it looks up there and I hate to take it down.



I hope you guys are having as much fun as I am getting your homes ready for the holidays.
Big hug
Maria

5 comments:

  1. The rich colours work well with the stone and the beautiful clock. It looks very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pillows!

    Kim
    Kimberly's Korner

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning! Loving the Christmas pillows. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a fabulous mantle. this is the perfect amount of elegance and xmas spirit!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...